Socialist Party Points of Agreement
1. The Socialist Party is a democratic socialist organization. We see socialism as a new social and economic order in which workers and consumers control production and community residents control their neighborhoods, homes and school and the production of society is used for the benefit of all humanity, not the private profit of a few.
2. We see the working class in a key and central position to fight back against the ruling class and its power. The working class is the major force worldwide that can lead the way to a socialist future – to a real radical democracy from below.
3. We stand in opposition to all forms of oppression including but not limited to racism, sexism, ableism, and homophobia
4. We are a multi-tendency organization. We orient ourselves around our principles and develop a common program, but our members have various underlying philosophies and views of the world.
5. Our tactics in the struggle for radical democratic change reflect our ultimate goal of a society founded on principles of egalitarian, non-exploitative and non-violent relations among all people and between all peoples.
6. We advocate for independent political action outside the Democratic and Republican parties.